Contact: Sally Slattery, contest administrator
PO Box 694
Baileys Harbor, WI 54202
Seeking Submissions for Hal Grutzmacher's Writers' Expose and Photography Jubilee
Summer is fast approaching and it is again time for the Peninsula Pulse’s annual Hal Grutzmacher Writers' Exposé and Photography Jubilee.
The Peninsula Pulse is an independent, locally owned newspaper covering news, arts, and entertainment on Wisconsin’s Door Peninsula. The paper publishes literature and poetry submissions in its Literature Section of each edition, but each summer the publication dedicates an issue to the area’s creative minds.
The contests are held in the spirit of the late Hal Grutzmacher, a professor and Door County bookstore owner, by offering commentary and encouragement to promising writers and photographers.
This year's literary issue will come out on Friday, August 2, 2013. As always, the issue will feature the most notable entries of prose, poetry and photography. Entrants are eligible for cash awards, other prizes, and an opportunity to be published in the Literary Issue of the Pulse.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, June 28, 2013.
Please include with your submissions a cover letter, including the author or photographer's name, mailing address, phone number, email, a 25 – 50 word biography, and what genre your submissions should be judged in: poetry, fiction, nonfiction, or photography. Also, because the Pulse employs a blind judging process, the entrant's name should not appear on the actual piece of work.
Details for Writers:
• Writing submissions are only accepted digitally (either via email or on disc)
• Previously published pieces will not be considered.
• Limit fiction and non fiction to three entries per person.
• Fiction and nonfiction submissions should be double spaced, in a simple 12-point font, and not more than 2,000 words. (Note: fiction and nonfiction submissions may be subject to minor editing and formatting before printing.)
• Limit poetry submissions to three entries per person.
• Poetry submissions are preferred as Microsoft Word or .rtf files attached to an email (or on disk) with only one poem per page.
Details for Photographers:
• Photographs will only be accepted as prints. (Note: feel free to submit images taken with a digital camera; however, please print a photograph.)
• Photographs should be between 4"x6" and 8"x12".
• Limit photography submissions to three per person.
• Photographs will not be returned.
Send poetry and prose entries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; send photograph entries via USPS to Peninsula Pulse, c/o Contest Entries, P.O. Box 694, Baileys Harbor, WI, 54202. For more information visit www.ppulse.com, email email@example.com or call 920.839.2121.